Current Job Opportunities
Bridge to Home provides support services, including emergency winter shelter services, case management, housing navigation to help individuals and families in the Santa Clarita Valley transition out of homelessness. Client Services at Bridge to Home provides homeless and at-risk of homeless clients address the clients individual needs through case management services.Bridge to Home provides support services, including emergency winter shelter services, case management, housing navigation to help individuals and families in the Santa Clarita Valley transition out of homelessness. Client Services at Bridge to Home provides homeless and at-risk of homeless clients address the clients individual needs through case management services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage special case management clients paid in part by partnerships between BTH and distinct community funders
- Manage client caseload composed of families and individuals that are at-risk or homeless, including conducting initial assessment, assisting clients develop and implement comprehensive individualized service plans based on assessed needs
- Make and coordinate service referrals including medical care, mental health, substance abuse treatment, employment services, and other supportive services
- Conduct life skills training or access community resources to meet client needs
- Meet the needs of clients in crisis through non-violent intervention
- Coordinate services with case management team
- Work with local medical service providers to address care and housing needs of homeless individuals being medically discharged; provide coordinated services, participation in case conferencing, case planning and other communications
- Maintain thorough and accurate records both in written form and through CLARITY System.
- Submit monthly tracking and reporting to the Director of Programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and 4 years’ experience in social services and experience with mental health and crisis intervention Master’s degree (M. A.) accepted in lieu of experience.Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds; experience working with homeless and low-income individualsComputer literate in Word and ExcelValid Driver’s License
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The majority of the duties of this position are performed in a typical office environment.
WEEKLY HOURS: 40 hours per week; non-traditional schedule; requires flexibility
RATE OF PAY: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
BENEFITS: Vacation, Holiday & Sick Pay; Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance; Simple IRA.
Bridge to Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the employee or employer.