Bridge to Home Programs and Services
Bridge to Home utilizes a comprehensive emergency through permanent housing service model with a housing first approach.
Emergency Winter Shelter: the 60-bed shelter operates from November through mid-March serving as a safety net during the winter months and a point of entry into case management services for individuals experiencing homelessness in the Santa Clarita Valley.
The Bridge: a year-round homeless services access center providing:
- Client assessment identifying needs, case plans, service referrals, support and aftercare services
- Employment assistance: resume preparation, interview clothing/job supplies, California ID or license reduced fee voucher and transportation assistance
- Life Skills Workshops: Money management, including budgeting, social skills and self-sufficiency life skills groups
- Optical Program: Assists with free eye exam and glasses as available.
- Referrals for dental, medical and substance abuse services. Help with enrollment into healthcare.
- Clothing: vouchers for shoes, coats and clothing when available
Housing Retention/Eviction Prevention: preventing homelessness by offering one-time, move-in
and/or rental assistance support. Financial assistance for individuals or families who have established a level of monthly income that will enable them to sustain permanent housing.
Healthy Lives Dental: a free clinic, by appointment only, is offered monthly at the Winter Shelter site, 23031
Drayton Street, by staff and dental volunteer professionals. Services include: teeth cleaningi fillings, extractions and full/partial dentures.
Healthy Lives Medical: a free basic medical clinic offered monthly by staff and medical volunteer nurses at the
Winter Shelter site. Referrals, transportation and assistance making appointments for those needing a greater level of health care services than Bridge to Home is able to provide.
Feeding It Forward: More info