Bridge to Home Programs and Services
Bridge to Home utilizes a comprehensive emergency through permanent housing service model with a housing first approach.
Emergency Winter Shelter: the 60-bed shelter operates from November through mid-March serving as a safety net during the winter months and a point of entry into case management services for individuals experiencing homelessness in the Santa Clarita Valley.
The Bridge: a year-round homeless services access center providing:
- Client assessment identifying needs, case plans, service referrals, support and aftercare services
- Employment assistance: resume preparation, interview clothing/job supplies, California ID or license reduced fee voucher and transportation assistance
- Life Skills Workshops: Money management, including budgeting, social skills and self-sufficiency life skills groups
- Optical Program: Assists with free eye exam and glasses as available.
- Referrals for dental, medical and substance abuse services. Help with enrollment into healthcare.
- Clothing: vouchers for shoes, coats and clothing when available
Housing Retention/Eviction Prevention: preventing homelessness by offering one-time, move-in
and/or rental assistance support. Financial assistance for individuals or families who have established a level of monthly income that will enable them to sustain permanent housing.
Healthy Lives Dental: a free clinic, by appointment only, is offered monthly at the Winter Shelter site, 23031
Drayton Street, by staff and dental volunteer professionals. Services include: teeth cleaningi fillings, extractions and full/partial dentures.
Healthy Lives Medical: a free basic medical clinic offered monthly by staff and medical volunteer nurses at the
Winter Shelter site. Referrals, transportation and assistance making appointments for those needing a greater level of health care services than Bridge to Home is able to provide.
Feeding It Forward: providing support to the homeless and low income families and individuals at risk for
homelessness with evening meals Tuesday through Friday at the Winter Shelter site. Transportation, case management and referrals are provided. (Year-round from 6:30 to 8:00p.m.)